Paperwork - Auto Licensing

3348 Drusilla Lane Suite 11C, Baton Rouge, LA 70809 (225) 928-3144
7201 Winbourne Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70805 (225) 357-3144
5383 Jones Creek Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70817 (225) 756-4454
9620 Florida Blvd Suite 100, Baton Rouge, LA 70815 (225) 330-4645
Location Button - Auto Licensing

Frequently Asked Questions

We try to anticipate questions you might have about our services and provide the answers here. 

Vehicle Registration

What do I need to bring to sell my vehicle?

You will need to bring:

  • The title of the vehicle 
  • The buyer and seller also have to be present with their driver's licenses.
  • The buyer will need proof of insurance if they are ready to register the vehicle.

What do I need to bring to renew my license plate/registration?

You will need to bring your old registration or the vin number as well proof of current insurance and a current drivers license or state ID.

Notary Public Services 


What do I need to bring to get something notarized?

You will need to bring a valid form of identification. This can be a driver's license, state ID, passport, military ID or Global entry ID. 

How much does it cost to get something notarized?

The price starts at $15 per notarization depending on what the document is.

Drivers License/ IDs

**please note these services are only available at our Drusilla and Jones Creek Locations

What do I need to bring to get my driver's license renewed?

You will need to bring:

  • proof of address and insurance
  • your old driver's license

What do I need to bring to get a state ID?

All you need to bring for a state ID is a valid form of identification. 

**please note: if you have never been issued a permit or license in the State of Louisiana you will have to go to the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles.

Can you issue a TIP (temporary instructional permit) ?

Unfortunately, we are unable to issue anyone's first permit or drivers license in the State of Louisiana. To obtain your TIP, you will have to go to the Louisiana State Office of Motor Vehicles 

Can I convert my TIP (temporary instructional permit) to a permit?

Yes, once you have your TIP we are able to issue a drivers permit. 

What do I need to bring to convert a TIP to a permit or a permit to a driver's license?

You will need:

  • Driver's permit or TIP card
  • Certified birth certificate 
  • Proof of Automobile insurance
  • Current school attendence record (if under 18)
  • Parent with driver's license or state id. (if under 18)

What is a "real ID"?

A real ID is form of identification that meets security standards. Anyone wishing to travel by plane will be required to present a real ID or other form of TSA-approved identification after October 1,2021

Can you issue a "Real ID"?

Yes, the Drusilla and Jones Creek locations CAN issue a REAL ID..